The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G

Never give up; you never know until you try.

Recently, I've encountered several situations outside my comfort zone. I've intentionally put myself into those situations; and guess what? I've survived! Like using our physical muscles, we may be a bit sore afterward, but for me the recent episodes have resulted in a pleasant soreness.

Like the soreness after a workout, with increased effort, discomfort of being outside the familiar soon dissipates and disappears entirely as the unfamiliar becomes familiar. The zone of discomfort becomes the zone of comfort. Then it's time to s-t-r-e-t-c-h- again (if we want to continue progressing, growing stronger.)

So stretch on, readers! Today you may manage to lift only 10 pounds, but with persistence, you'll soon be amazing even yourself with your strength. And always remember--God is on your side and will help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment