The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lightening Up: Not Just For Summer

Never give up; you never know until you try.

Newsflash: it's summer. Well, duh. Many of us in the U.S. are engaging in the usual summer activities--cookouts, yard work, losing weight to fit into summer clothes, taking vacations, and having and attending yard (or garage) sales. In summer, we eat lighter and try to be lighter. That can mean everything from weighing less physically, to feeling "lighter" emotionally, to getting rid of excess "stuff" in our houses.

I've written before about some of my job searching issues and how I've had to cling to God to get me through some tough times. It's true now, it has been true before, and it will be true forever that we can cast our cares on God because He loves us. (As I noted in my June 6 post but that bears repeating). In short, we can "lighten up" in summer, fall, winter, and spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment