The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Silly

Never give up; you never know until you try.

My therapist gave me a homework assignment to put more silliness into my life, and I've jumped into it wholeheartedly.  Come along with me!  Here are a few tips on how to bring back some of the joy of being child-like, silly, joyous, and a lot more fun:

Sing, no matter how badly you do it.

Make funny faces.

Blow soap bubbles.

Play in rain puddles, or mud.  How about both?

Color or draw a picture.

Run just to be running; don't worry about getting your heart rate up for a certain period of time.  (Use common sense here, based on your health issues.  There's silly, and then there's foolish.  Get medical attention if you need it, and follow the doctor's orders.)

Tell jokes or read  jokes online or in a book.

Here are two, found on jokesaboutspring.com,  for your enjoyment:

Q:  Can February March?
A:  No, but April May!

Q:  What season is it when you are on a trampoline?
A:  Spring-time!

Seriously, folks: give yourself and everyone else a break by allowing yourself to play once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment