The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dr. Seuss

Never give up; you never know until you try.

I have always loved Dr. Seuss, so today, later in the week than my usual post (I've been sick) I give you a few quotes, which I found on goodreads.com

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  (I often find that hard to do.)


“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” (Sometimes we don't trust a simple answer, figuring that such a hard question must have a hard answer.)

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”


―from his book Happy Birthday to You! (You can't be Johnny Depp or Kim K, but they can't be you, either.) 

1 comment: