The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Laughter Does a Body Good

Never give up; you never know until you try.

Most of us have heard or read that laughter improves health. The Bible says it and modern medical research says it. So today, dear readers, I submit the following. You may laugh uproariously, roll your eyes, groan, or think I have the strangest sense of humor you ever encountered. If you find my offerings un-funny, just think of your favorite joke or story and remember that I suggested you do so. PS: These are from cleanjoke.com


Drum Roll Here


Two peanuts were walking down the road, and one was a salted!


Q       Why did the cookie go to the doctor?

A       Because he felt crummy.


I’d stop eating chocolate, but I’m no quitter!

*************************************************************
Enough about food—it’s time for a light bedtime snack and my date with the sandman. Have a wonderful week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment