The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Repeat After Me: I Refuse to . . .

Never give up; you never know until you try.

I’ve covered what I’m about to say before, but recent conversations I’ve had and conversations I’ve overheard have convinced me that it bears repeating.

Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone else, or even who (or what) you think someone else wants you to be.

Refuse to compromise your self.

Refuse to give up your self.

Refuse to give up on yourself.

Ask anyone who has done any of the 3 aforementioned things, and she will tell you in no uncertain terms that doing so was the biggest mistake she ever made, and she will beg you to avoid making the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment