The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Closed Doors

Never give up; you never know until you try.

Here we go again!  I haven't posted in several weeks because I've once again found that I had nothing new to say.  It seems as if I've been on this treadmill forever, trying every "trick" I can think of, as well as ones others have suggested.  I'm running up against nothing but closed doors, and it's getting on my last nerve! 
The other day, after I literally vented a Charlie Brown-style, "Ahhhhhhhh!" I prayed aloud, "Lord, who is slamming these doors--you or Satan?"  I'm still waiting for the answer to that one, but the bottom line is that doors are closed.  I'm left praying, doing what I can, and claiming the biblical promise that if I keep knocking, a door will open.  My poor knuckles are raw at this point, but I'm not giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment