The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Something From Everyone, Something For Everyone

Never give up; you never know until you try.

A recent discussion with a student left me thinking, as discussions with my students often do.  I believe that if we stay open to the possibility, we all learn something from people we regularly spend time with.  We learn about them, and we learn about ourselves.  We may not like what we learn about them, and we may learn something about ourselves that we don't like to face. 

I often wonder what I'm learning from others.  I often wonder what I'm teaching others--about themselves, and about me.



No comments:

Post a Comment