The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Do It!

Never give up; you never know until you try.

James 1:22 tells us to be doers and not just hearers.  I've written on this subject before, but I think it bears repeating.  Many times, we know what we should do; people point out to us reasons why we should take a certain course; what we should do is glaringly obvious.  Yet we fail to put into action the very steps we should be taking.  To further our education.  To land a job.  To find a mate. 

Today, if you hear seemingly everyone telling you the same thing, and you find yourself saying, "I know; I know." when they say it, maybe it's time you stop just hearing the words and start acting on them.

1 comment:

  1. We can think about it all day but until we take action, nothing happens. It's like knowledge and motivation - they mean nothing without action.

    ReplyDelete