The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Time

Never give up; you never know until you try.

I found the following in a web search on "nap quotes."  It's from a graphic and is uncredited.  I think it's less about naps than it is about time and how we feel in various places, doing various things.

In bed, it's 6 AM.  You close your eyes for 5 minutes, it's 7:45.  At school it's 1:30, close your eyes for 5 minutes, it's 1:31.

Instead or "school," you could substitute "work," "in traffic," or any other place you'd rather not be.  We've all been there.  The thing to remember is that no matter where you are, with whom, doing whatever, things could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment