The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Burned Out

Never give up; you never know until you try.

This week seems to be burnout week.  I've heard several sermons about it, and I've talked to several friends suffering with it.  Maybe it's "Spring Fever," or maybe it's just a sign of the fast times we live in.  Whatever the reason, it seems to be going around, so I'm offering a few words of encouragement.  You've read them before in some form or other, but they bear repeating.

Assurance:  You can do it!  You might not feel like doing "it," whatever "it" is, but you can do it--if you take care of yourself. 

Advice:  Avoid trying to do everything at once, and avoid the trap of trying to do it perfectly.  You also probably don't have to do it alone, so ask for help!  If you find that you do have to do whatever "it" is alone, then please ask for help with other projects with which you can have help. 

Take care of yourselves!

1 comment:

  1. It's been a mad scramble for most of my week, but I actually feel revitalized now. Ready to accomplish a lot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete