The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Affirmations

Never give up; you never know until you try.

A brand new semester in GED Land started this week, and my teaching partner and I have managed to get through it.  The thing that helped me the most, and I think my partner too, is that one of our fellow teachers,  with much more experience, paid us a visit and reviewed procedures with us and agreed to check our paperwork for accuracy.  "J" is good like that--she's always willing to help.

Much to our relief, "G" and I had done very well.  I thought we were on the right track, but just getting that affirmation made me feel much better.  I thanked "J" profusely.

Challenge time, everyone:  who do you know who would benefit from a few words of affirmation?  If the answer is you, ask someone for input on how you are doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment