The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Time To Stew: Just Keep Stirring

You Never Know Until You Try.

I’ve had so many ideas roaming around in my head today that my words are tripping all over themselves and each other. I wanted to check in today and offer something for my readers to chew on, so I leave you with the idea that there’s some "Brunswick Stew" simmering in the recesses of my psyche. If you don’t know what Brunswick Stew is, Dictionary.com defines it as “a stew made of rabbit or squirrel meat, cooked with onions and other vegetables” or “a similar dish made with chicken.” Dictionary.com states that it originated between 1855 and 1860 in Brunswick County, Virginia.

I’m going to sit tight and allow all these ideas to simmer and see what happens, and I encourage you to do the same if you’ve got ideas germinating in the fertile soil of your mind. Let your imagination roam; see where it leads. Don’t rush it; just enjoy it. That’s what I’m going to do.
I’ll keep you posted on what develops from my stew, and I hope you’ll do the same. Feel free to comment on posts! Tell me what you're thinking. The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment