The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Tales of a blogging newbie

You Never Know Until You Try

Do "they" still use the term "newbie?" Regardless, that's what I am. After years of hearing people trumpet the virtues of blogging, I'm taking the plunge myself. I've kept a personal journal since I was 13, but until now, I hadn't set up my own blog.

To be honest, my lack of participation hasn't been from anything but plain old busyness--everything from personal issues to going back to school to finish my degree. That's a long story that I'll cover another time. My point is, I graduated in December with a B. A. in Communication Studies--summa cum laude, thank you very much, so I now have more time to devote to the art form known as blogging.

I'm sure entering the blogosphere will broaden my horizons. I want to learn from others and pass on the "wisdom" I've gained from my 40-something years on planet earth. We are all together in this thing called life, after all. My motto has always been "you never know until you try," so I went through the slightly confusing process of setting up my blog. I'm sure I'll tweak it as time goes on, so hang in there with me if you find the layout less than intriguing--or worse, intriguing in a bad way.

I hope you'll join me on the journey that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment