The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Betrayal

Never give up; you never know until you try.

My apologies for posting later this week than usual.  I'm still reeling from a betrayal, and to say that I'm shaken to my core, cliche' that it is, is accurate. 

We've all been there and felt that pain that is unlike any other, so I'm sure you can relate.  When things like this happen, I guess most of us try to figure out what went wrong and regroup, hoping that it will never happen again, at least with the same person.  Often, a relationship is killed when one party betrays another, but sometimes the relationship can be saved and both (or all) parties learn a valuable lesson.  I'm unsure at this stage what my outcome will be, but I have been reminded of a valuable lesson.  (You knew that, I'm sure.)

God never betrays us.  He's always faithful, always true, always loving.  He's with us to the end.  He never forgets us.  I'm holding onto those promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment