The Serenity Prayer

This prayer, often repeated, is an originally untitled prayer by theologian Reinhold Niebuhr. It makes great sense to me, and whether you believe in God or not, I think it's a smart idea.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference















Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Work in Progress

Never give up; you never know until you try.

I've had an incredible week, trying to get things in order to start an internship next week. I'm still sorting out lots of things, including conflicting emotions. I'm so glad that God can make sense of things, because sometimes I certainly can't.

The title of this post means several things: as we all are, I'm a work in progress; my job situation is a work in progress; the post I had planned for this week is a work in progress. Since the planned post is still being hashed out and I didn't want to let another week go by without saying something to my readers, what I came up with is what you're reading now--an honest disclosure that I'm running around like the headless chicken. Again, I'm glad that God can make sense of things.

So my sage advice for now is: cut yourself some slack if you find yourself running crazed in a thousand directions, physically or emotionally. Know that even if you can't, God can make sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment